Nowadays, many people work in an office environment where almost their entire day is spent using the computer, typing, making telephone calls and so on. Most office furniture does not provide sufficient back and neck support and is positioned poorly, resulting in bad posture, back and neck pain, RSI (repetitive strain injury) and many other unwanted symptoms.
What can our assessment do for your workplace?
- Reduce working days lost through musclo skeletal conditions
- Help employees be aware of their work station environments
- Decrease employee pain so they will then work more efficiently
- Keep up-to-date with the latest health and safety guidelines.
- Reduce problems with social and sporting activities
In fact, millions of working days are lost in the UK every year due to spinal and other musclo skeletal problems. Over 2003 and 2004, the HSE (Health and Safety Executive) stated that on average, employees suffering from neck and arm pains took off 18.3 days per year as a result of their condition.
It is vital that office workers are equipped with the correct workstation environment designed to put minimal stress onto the body. At Kingston Physio we can help you achieve this by providing expert knowledge in work related conditions and ergonomics (the study of how the body and it's work environment interact). We can come to your workplace (whether a larger office environment, or a small home-based business - or anything in between!) to provide an hour-long assessment of your working environment. We can offer individual work station assessments or multiple assessments for corporate clients.
The assessment covers the following:
- Discussing what your job involves and looking at how you sit, stand, and work.
- Identifying current ergonomic issues that affect you now or in the near future.
- Making any necessary adjustments that can be carried out on-site (e.g. adjusting the angle of chairs and/or monitors).
- Providing advice on exercises that could help your problems.
Any further recommendations for improvements will be provided in a detailed report that will be sent to you and your employer. For example this could be advising getting a different mouse or keyboard with reasons to explain why. We can advise on suitable products to purchase if required.